2015 CASA Survey
Annual CASA Survey
Thank you to those who completed the 2015 Advocate Satisfaction Survey. We use this as a guide to see how we can provide CASAs the best volunteer experience possible. All comments and suggestions are heard on our end and we will do our best to make accommodations and improvements based on your feedback. Our goal is to bring up our “grades” each year.
- Here are a few fun little nuggets we gleaned from the responses:
- Advocates rated the pre-service training the highest of all program elements. Yay, fabulous trainers, speakers, participants, and judges!!!
- Most advocates first heard about CASA via word-of-mouth. You guys do great work advocating for the needs of foster youth in our community—be proud of that! Tell your friends, family, or strangers on public transportation about the program, and shout it out on Facebook, Twitter, or Dear Abby. The more you talk about CASA, the more folks come to us to find out how to help.
- A few advocates mentioned topics they would like to see covered in Continuing Education—we love receiving your input. If we can’t put together a class on a particular subject, we want to help you find one in the community or online.
- Several folks mentioned that they would like more opportunities to chat with other CASAs about their experiences. We want you guys to have that opportunity too. We’re dialoguing about how we can facilitate this happening more frequently. And in the meantime, please come to one of our Volunteer Support Groups to have a chance to chat.
Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We really do want to make sure you have a positive experience with CASA. Your feedback is always welcome, not just annually on a survey. Feel free to contact your Case Supervisor or the Executive Director at any time.
Finally, the moment you’ve all been waiting for—the winners of the raffle are: Andy Duffy, Vivian Bertini and Andy DeCoste. Congratulations!